Friday, December 17, 2004

Yesterday Is Gone

My mother, Ida Mae, died yesterday morning around 10am Pacific Standard Time in Sonoma, California. She leaves behind her daughter Barbara, her sons Ray, Bob, Alan and myself. She would also want me to include her two cats Popoki (The Hawaiian word for cat) and a slightly schizophrenic Siamese cat named (inappropriately) Angel.

Only one thing is clear to me right now; I'm tired from the stress of losing her yesterday and would give a lot just to have a few more words with her.

Blogs are usually a method to self-publish, lash out, pontificate or generally hob-nob with fellow wizards. This blog will help me get through my grief. And, hopefully, as time goes on and I stop feeling like I've been kicked in the head, I'd like this blog to tell the story of a beautiful woman who touched more souls than she will ever know.

Mom, you've left the planet, but I'm still talkin' to you and I truly believe you can hear me. Mom, come by once in awhile and look over this blog and read what I have to say about you. I love you and miss you; there's so much I wanted to say to you before you left. What I didn't get to say will be said right here in this blog. I'll welcome comments from all Earth-bound souls. You can comment too mom, but if you do, be aware that it will really freak me out.

I'll post pictures when I have them. Right now I can't find my son's scanner and frankly, I'm too damn frazzled and tired to put up much of a search for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home