Saturday, April 23, 2005

Happy Birthday, Mom

I wonder sometimes if birthdays mark not the beginning of life here on Earth, but are just a milepost some distance before and after. I'll guess I'll find out soon enough, but without you here, it seems like birthdays are just...I dunno...different.
Barb and I talked about you and I found out that I'm not the only person who feels the need to talk with you. We all miss you a lot, mom.
What I see in my mind is you blowing the candle out on an angel food cake...or maybe a champagne cake...you loved those. If I wasn't so damn broke right now, I'd buy one and blow out the candles for you, mom. Perhaps I'll do that later when I can spare the moolah.
So, just remember that we're all down here marking the occasion. The date represents the moment you arrived amongst us and the blindingly pure light that you arrived with. All that knew you have some measure of that light glowing within them. Thanks for the light, mom. It has guided my way through dark times. Happy birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home