Monday, October 16, 2006

I've Been Thinking About You, Kiddo

Mom;

Just spent some time at Bob's Charity/Celeb tennis event for breast cancer. I had a great time seeing Bob, Bill, Barb and the whole HEE-HAW gang . Saw your name up on a banner along with BJ and Esther.

I wonder, did Esther get stuck in the elevator up to heaven like she did on the cruise ship you guys went on? That was a source of never-ending giggles for both of you, and I can't help but smile when I think of that.

Both of you were so important to me (and all of us). It helps me to think you guys are together up there in the ether along with BJ and Olive, Margo, Nana, your dad and your brother. Of course, I'm sure Olive has already played the woopee-cushion-under-the-cloud trick already.

There isn't a day that goes by I don't see you in something mom. You touched so many people and things. There's a cat we named "Hitler" because of an unfortunate lip injury that makes him look like Adolph a bit. We have nursed him back to health from the brink. It was important for me to do it because that part of you is in me and I just can't help myself.

Sorry it has been so long mom...if you're looking down, you know I've talked to you many times directly, so the long absence in the blog isn't that big a deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home